According to the Veterans of the Liberation struggle Act (17:12) part 3(b), “a funeral assistance benefit payable in respect of a deceased veteran of the liberation struggle”. It serves as a token of appreciation towards the selfless sacrifice made by the member towards the attainment of Independence. The current amount being disbursed in this regard is USD 500.00 or the equivalent in local currency.
- Certified copy of the Primary Beneficiary’s Liberation War Veterans Identity Card
- Certified copy of death certificate or burial order
- Certified copy of death certificate of spouse (as proof of the fact)
- Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (spouse)
- Signed and certified affidavit of 3 family members nominating recipient of funds (where spouse is deceased)
- Proof of banking details from recipient i.e. bank statement
Leave a Reply